Wednesday, December 1, 2010

1st tag of Christmas

Hi everyone out there, I hope you're all OK. Here in the snowy Ireland (LOL) life got a bit slower than usually. Even my class in college got cancelled due to the bad weather. So I stayed in and made the first tag of Tim Holtz's 12tags of Christmas.
I haven't got the dies he used but I didn't mind. I tried to get inspiration and use the techniques he did. So this is what I came up with.
For the background I pressed inkpads onto the craft sheet, spritzed with water and place the tag on it (you know how), I repeated this  a few times. Then I tore a little piece of paper to mask out one corner of my tag and stamped over with the music notes background stamp. I also stamped and embossed some pine branches on the corner (pine needle distress ink& clear embossing powder).
The ornament: Embossed some cardstock with CB dotted folder. Covered it with gold acrylic paint, sanded and applied some distress inks, just exacly the way HE did. Then cut pieces and adhered them onto another sheet of paper. I cut the shape out with scissors. After inking the edges iIcoverd the whole piece with rock candy crackle paint. I placed a little bow and pearl on the top.
Banner: stamped and embossed the sentiment onto the groungepaper piece which I covered with gold acrylic before. Distressed the edge with TH distresser and inked with walnut stain. Then folded into the shape, adhered with hot glue.

Pop over to the Crafty Alley ning network where we share our tags and I hope to see yours.

I'll be back tomorrow with another tag, can't wait till morning so I can see tag #2 on his blog.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my creations