Saturday, August 21, 2010

Crafty Alley August Kit projects # 1 - Altered box for embossing folders

Hi Everyone,

I'm here to show you a box that I altered using paper and other bits and pieces from the Crafty Alley August Kit.
The box is from IKEA and just the perfect size for my embossing folders which were everywhere around in my drawer.






















First I covered the whole lot with gesso, then I tore the paper from the kit and glued down with some gel medium. Then I painted some patches of Crackle paint (which was in the kit too). When it was dry used some Claudine Hellmuth paint and exrta time and painted the whole again. Then I stamped some images all around with black stazon.






















The little key is from the August Kit and the other TH bit are from earlier Crafty Alley Kits. I have written 'embossing bugs' with my DYMO laber maker.

















For the lid: I used the knob which was in the kit (LOVE IT) and made a flower centre of it.
Flower: tranferred the same paper onto sticky back canvas, then die cut the TH flowers and just layered them up. To make the petals curl up I brushed a bit of multi medium over it.

So this is it. I hope you like it, thanks for stopping by,

Timi K

2 comments:

  1. Very fun!
    Timi
    www.comejunkwithus.com
    www.agirlnamedtimi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Timi, such a beautiful job of altering it. I have the same Ikea tins on my shelf for ages, still have not gotten around to altering them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my creations