Thursday, August 26, 2010

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Tim Holtz insired

Hi everyone,

Today I'm gonna show a tag I made for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge.






















 
I made a tag shape using heavy cardstock. Then I layered a bit of old book paper, which I tore here and there. Then painted it with CH paints. I die cut a bird cage shape and utee-d it 4 times and the cut some bars of it.
I stamped and embossed the bird before I adhered the cage.(I am not totally happy with the result) Decorated with a rose (grunge rose like) and some little prima flowers. Used lots of distress inks and some TH and Prima stamps. Added some text made with DYMO. And that's it. 

Hope you like it, thanks for visiting,
Timi


7 comments:

  1. Hiya Timi, just love your fabulous TAG wow...the colors are great and the little flowers and birdcage are just wonderfull. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show and hope we see ya again next week for another fabulous challenge. Hugs terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timi, this is adorable. Love what you did with the bird cage. Pulling a couple of those bards off makes it look authenticly old. So happy you joined us this week at the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING....so many wonderful things to look at!!

    thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO lovely! I love all the techniques you used on this one tag! I wish I had the mind to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Timi!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Timi, I love your tag and that you let the bird fly free. Your colours are fab, good luck with your challenges:D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love the butterflies and the lace!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my creations