Thursday, February 11, 2010

Easter Basket - Just Magnolia Special Monthly Challenge

There is a special monthly challenge and tutorial at Just Magnolia Challenge blog.  I liked the idea a lot, so I tried and it went quite well. I think I make another one or two for friends ( right after I finished all my Easter cards LOL)
Choosing the right paper was the hardest part of the proccess, but finally I found one in DCVW Far East collection which had the perfect colour combination, just like I had imagined in my head. The redish colour reminds me about those lovely red Easter Eggs which we used to colour in Hungary.
So this is my creation:
 

I stamped Tilda with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, and coloured her in with Promarkers. I also used some Core'dination paper for the butterflies(X-Cut punch), leaves(Woodware), and for the handle of the basket.


 

Tilda is sitting on a big tulle bow. The edge of the basket is decorated with punched card stock ( MS Doilly Lace). The tulle and ribbon is from my stash.



The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. For inking the edges I used Distress Ink - Tattered Rose and Worn Lipstick. 
I never had the time to buy some chocolate eggs into it, I will certainly do it till Easter :)

The next few days will be very busy, Saturday I am taking part in the Class&Crop at Kildare Kraftz Klub
 where we will do a mini album ( I'm a great fan of mini albums LOL); and next Thursday: the very talented Mina Hartley is visiting us here in Dublin, to show some tricks and techniques with Distress Ink. And all this is organised by Annamarie from Scrapbookstore.ie. I say a  big THANK YOU for it.

Hopefully I will be back during the weekend to show what we created on Saturday.

I hope you liked my basket, thanks for stopping by,

Timi K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my creations