Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My little notebook - Simon Says Stamp Challenge

I bought my favourite home-decor magazine on Saturday and I was given a beautiful little blue(turqoise) notebook. Unfortunately forgot to take photo before I started altering, but anyway I show you the final result.





















I have to admit that I don't intend to give it away, I made it for myself :D (and not a bit selfish LOL). Recently I read/watch a lot of Marion Smith's works, she is just brilliant. I love all her mini-albums. So I got my inspiration from her. Visit her blog if you like: http://apieceofcraft.blogspot.com/
So the base was the notebook and here is a list of the main things I used:
  • Tim Holtz Elements
  • Chipboard letters
  • Distress Inks (shabby shutters, worn lipstick, broken china, brushed corduroy)
  • Crackle paint (picket fence)
  • TH Fragments
  • TH Ball Chain
  • Shrink Plastic
  • Promarkers
  • Gemstones
  • Glossy Accent













I painted a few strokes of crackle paint on to the book first, the I have torn two piece of striped paper, inked the edges, stuck in the corners. I covered all the chipboard and grungeboard elements with crackle paint, and inked them. On the flourishes I put some glitter when the paint was wet.



















I made some "hand-made" charms followed the tutorial on Whiff of Joy I& T blog. I made another small butterfly charm on the other corner of the book. The WOF City Girl  images are coloured in with Promarkers.
















The flower is also from a tutorial from the same blog. First I made Michelle's flower and then I made a tulle flower under it following Bev's tutorial. For the paperflower I used white mulberry handmade paper, inked it with broken china and brushed corduroy, and finally stickel it a little bit.
It is a real fun to do these, THANKS ladies for sharing your ideas with us!!!

I am entering this to Simon Say Challenge where the topic for this week: Mother's Day/Girly.

I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by,

Timi K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my creations