Monday, March 1, 2010

First layout on my blog

At Simon Says Stamps Challenge Blog this week the theme is "Vintage with Flowers". I got inspired by the DT's creations and decided to make a scrapbook layout. I haven't done any for months, cos I had no inspiration.I found this sketch to follow.


















This is the blog where I found it, isn't it lovely.

This is how it turned out:
 
I used different brands of paper, beacuse I didn't have the whole set of them, so K&Co,  Basic Grey, and Core'dination. I have distressed the edges and inked them with brushed corduroy. Here and there I painted a bit of crackle paint in picket fence colour, so make it like white washed.
 
I saw a great idea on Jane's blog the other day. She used corrugated paper painted with the same crackle paint. In the local hobby shop there was no corrugated paper, so I recycled some cardboard which came with my new chest of drawers from IKEA. I'll have place for my punches, Cuttlebug and so on LOL!! And as soon as I tided up, I will show my upgraded craft corner ( It might take a few weeks LOL).
Back to the layout I also stuck a beautiful piece of lace over the recycled paper, just to follow the sketch.


















The swirls is from Tim Holtz grunge board elements, painted with crackle paint, sponged over with some shabby shutters distress ink, and even put a few dots of stickles in the same colour. Sorry for the photo, it's blurred, but it will do.


















And finally the flowers. As you can see not all of them are from Prima. The large brown ones are from Papermania and they are made from silk. I placed pearly brads and pearl in the middle.

I am also entering this layout to ' A spoon full of sugar' Challenge blog.

I hope everybody had a lovely crafty weekend, thanks for stopping by.

Timi K

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, such wonderful details
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fantastic work! Love the colours, the papers and the embellies!:)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!

    Hugs, Tímea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this picture. It's nice memory for us.
    Anya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my creations